Environmental Sustainability Policy Statement
Innovatus Drinks aims to conduct our activities and operations to reflect best environmental and sustainability practice and seek innovative ways of meeting environmental objectives through a commitment to continual improvement.
- To meet and, where appropriate exceed all relevant UK, European and international legislative and regulatory requirements and agreements
- To review all our operations in order to identify, understand and evaluate all the direct and indirect environmental aspects and effects, and prioritise action to address them
- To reduce energy and resource consumption
- To influence our suppliers to support sustainable practices
- To raise awareness of environmentally responsible practices
- To prevent pollution
- To prevent unnecessary and avoidable travel
- To avoid the use of toxic materials
- To consider the sustainability issues behind all our actions, taking into consideration not just the environmental and economic effects, but the social and ethical implications in equal measure
We aim to achieve these objectives by making incremental changes to the way we operate, through education and training of our staff and by developing a long term strategic plan to reduce our environmental impact.
In our choice of raw materials we will:
- Always choose the most sustainable option possible within the budget
- Utilise reused or repurposed materials and recycled materials wherever possible
- Where virgin materials are required, use materials from sustainable sources and with lower environmental impact (e.g. FSC certified timber, sustainably sourced fabrics, low VOC paints)
- Ensure that all materials used are recyclable where possible, in standard local collection & recycling systems
- We will always look into the sustainability of our supply chain and ask questions of our suppliers about the ethical/sustainable credentials of their products.
To reduce the Carbon Footprint of our operations, we will:
- Utilise local suppliers and local storage wherever possible, to reduce the Carbon Footprint of transport
- Utilise recycled materials, reducing the Carbon Footprint of manufacture